Nashville Treatment Solutions understands the challenges and complexities of Kratom withdrawal and detox. Kratom, a natural herbal supplement, has gained popularity in recent years for its stimulant and pain-relieving effects. However, as with any substance, it can lead to dependence and addiction for some individuals.
Our experienced team is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for those struggling with Kratom addiction. Our personalized approach combines evidence-based therapies and medical interventions to ensure a safe and comfortable Kratom detox.
You are not alone. You deserve to get help.
Nashville Treatment Solutions is an industry leader in addiction treatment. Our team of top medical experts specialize in dual diagnosis treatment and are committed to ensuring that each patient is treated as an individual. Call us today, we’re available 24/7.
Tour Our Kratom Detox Center in Nashville, TN
What Is Kratom?
Kratom is a tropical tree native to Southeast Asia. Its scientific name is Mitragyna speciosa. Its leaves have traditionally been used for their medicinal properties and cultural significance in Thailand and Malaysia.
Kratom contains several active compounds that can produce stimulating when taken in small doses or sedating effects when taken in larger doses. It is used in various forms, such as chewing the leaves, brewing them into tea, drying them and smoking them, or turning them into powder for smoking or snorting.
In the United States, Kratom is not considered an illegal substance. It is commonly marketed as an herbal or health supplement to enhance energy levels, alleviate pain, and improve mood and relaxation.
However, it’s important to note that Kratom has the potential for addiction and abuse when misused or taken frequently at high doses. In 2021, 1.7 million people aged 12 and older used Kratom, as reported by the FDA and SAMHSA.
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms Associated with Kratom?
Kratom withdrawal symptoms can vary in severity and duration depending on factors such as the individual’s level of dependence, frequency of use, and dosage. Common withdrawal symptoms associated with Kratom include:
- Physical discomfort: Users may experience muscle aches, body pain, joint pain, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, sweating, or hot flashes.
- Psychological distress: Symptoms like anxiety, irritability, restlessness, or agitation are commonly reported during Kratom withdrawal.
- Sleep disturbances: Insomnia or difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep are common during withdrawal.
- Mood changes: Many individuals going through Kratom withdrawal experience mood swings ranging from depression to intense cravings for the substance.
- Fatigue: Persistent feelings of tiredness and lethargy often occur during withdrawal.
Kratom Withdrawal Timeline
The Kratom withdrawal timeline can vary but generally lasts about a week or two, depending on how long it was used, the amount used, and the frequency of use.
- Early Withdrawal: Symptoms usually begin within the first 24 hours after discontinuing Kratom use. These can include anxiety, irritability, cravings, sweating, insomnia, and muscle aches.
- Peak Withdrawal Days 2 – 4: This is typically when physical withdrawal symptoms are at their most intense, and heightened anxiety or depression can also be experienced.
- Subsiding Symptoms Days 5 – 7: As the body adjusts to no longer needed Kratom, symptoms gradually start to subside and lessen in intensity and frequency. However, cravings and sleep disturbances may persist.
- Post-Acute Withdrawal: Some individuals may experience lingering psychological symptoms even after the acute withdrawal period for a few weeks or possibly longer. These can include mood swings, fatigue, sleep disturbances, and occasional cravings.
How Long Does It Take to Detox from Kratom?
It is important to remember each person’s Kratom detox process is unique. Some individuals may require additional time and support to complete detox, while others may complete it within a few weeks. At Nashville Treatment Solutions, our healthcare professionals provide personalized care to ensure a safe, comfortable, and successful Kratom detox while addressing individual needs.
How Is Kratom Addiction Treated?
Kratom addiction can be effectively treated through various levels of care, depending on the individual’s needs and the severity of the addiction as follows:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): Our PHP offers intensive and structured daily treatment where individuals receive individual therapy sessions, group counseling, and medical monitoring in a supportive environment. Participants in this program return home or to a sober living facility in the evenings.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Our IOP provides less intensive treatment that is still structured and includes individual and group therapy sessions multiple times weekly. It allows individuals to receive comprehensive treatment while maintaining their daily responsibilities, such as work or school.
- Evening IOP: Our evening IOP is an option for those who cannot attend daytime programs when they have commitments or other obligations. It offers services similar to our regular IOP but in the evenings.
- Outpatient Program: Our outpatient program provides flexible scheduling with fewer weekly therapy sessions compared to PHP or IOP. Individuals attend counseling and group therapy sessions while having more independence outside of treatment.
Our treatment programs include evidence-based therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), individual counseling, group therapy, family support interventions, holistic approaches, relapse prevention education, and medication-assisted treatments.
Can I Detox from Kratom at Home?
Attempting to detox from Kratom at home without proper medical supervision carries risks of relapse from intense cravings and the unpleasant physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms experienced. Seeking professional Kratom detox with medical supervision when you want to detox at home is a safer process to ensure a successful detox.
Medications for Kratom Withdrawal
There are no specific medications used with Kratom detox. However, certain medications may be used as part of medication-assisted treatment to help manage specific withdrawal symptoms, such as:
- Clonidine can help reduce anxiety and help with muscle aches and high blood pressure during withdrawal.
- Pain and muscle aches can be managed using nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Benzodiazepines or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) may be used to help with anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
Find Kratom Detox in Nashville Today
Discover a new life free from the grips of Kratom at Nashville Treatment Solutions. Our caring and supportive team is ready to help you on your recovery journey with comprehensive Kratom detox and addiction treatment programs tailored to your needs. Contact us today to start the path to a drug-free future.